Six reasons why you should always invite your mother to any party. Or at least six reasons why you'd want my mother at any party.
1. Before she arrives, she calls to see if there's any last minute things you need.
2. When she arrives she immediately puts herself to work doing whatever is left on your to do list.
3. Usually your dishwasher will end up emptied, reloaded and run before the party really gets started.
4. She stays until the bitter end cleaning up, straightening and doing more dishes.
5. Very often your children might be bathed and given a snack while you're still bustling around putting food away past their bedtime.
6. She takes that last garbage bag that just won't fit in the can with her.
I found myself coming up with this little list while I was doing the dishes tonight. People were bustling around me filling food containers, bringing in things from outside, shuffling children around. I stood there appreciating a lot of things...our friends, our family, our marriage, but in particular this time, my mother. For many more reasons than what I just listed, but I was just feeling grateful and needed to say that out loud, if you will.
4 comments:
Well said Amy! We love you mom!
What an appreciative daughter you are!! Good for you! Well said.
Thank you Amy, made me feel exactly how I feel about MY MOM, and I know from experience that YOUR MOM is AMAZING! I only hope that I can be for my children and other children what your (and MY) Mom has been for me. Thank you CINDY! Sorry this comes through FB. But I will forever be grateful to you and Reed for your acceptance and generosity.
You may plan and schedule every last detail of your party. Lists, menus, recipes, Gantlet chart to time it all, and pull together all your resources. I even made simple instruction Post It notes on items I'd need help with during the party while I grilled. But the cleaning up I seem to always not plan to the detail. What a eat to have people pitch in and clean up. Tis is especially for Reed and Cindy who stayed til the last dish was loaded. Thanks!
Post a Comment