Tuesday, May 31

it's like, in honor of my other favorite country, eh?...

Picture the scene with me:

It's Tuesday morning.  The girls are at school.  The house is quiet.  Harland decides to work upstairs today at the kitchen table, so he's all set up across from me.  I am paying bills (I know you all wish you were me).  Harland has now, after just shy of 10 years of marriage learned one of my secrets...I talk to the bills while I pay them.  I think he is working hard over there and I worry that I will disturb him with my rambling and he seems slightly amused by yet another one of my unique qualities.  We have a brief discussion about our FSA.  We're always gently trying to trick the other one into handling submitting medical bills for reimbursement and this morning Harland volleyed that ball succesfully into my court.  (Dang it!  I'm just realizing that now he's talked me into doing it!  Must start plotting my next move there...)

All of a sudden I hear a PING! in my Gmail.  I look and there is a chat message from Harland with a link to one of his all time favorite time waster websites: http://www.i-am-bored.com/.  It says nothing.  Just has the link and he says, "For your amusement."

I click on the link and to my surprise there is something there that makes me laugh and laugh!  A cartoonized version of conversations we have every single time we go up to our cottage in Canada.  Oh how we love that area of this continent!  How we love the beautiful river!  The sunsets!  S'mores around the fire!  Boat rides! the quirkiness of the small resort town!

It is killing me that I won't be sitting in the warm sun on the dock for another month, but until then, I can amuse myself with this little gem that Harland sent me from across my kitchen table this morning.  If you haven't been to Canada, then you may not find it amusing, but I know my family will all get a laugh out of this one:

PS: The thing with the chips at the bottom is what really got me laughing.  None of us seem to understand a Canadian's love of Ketchup chips, but it is only fair for me to give them credit where it is due.  Years before we had my all time favorite salty snack, the Salt & Vinegar chip here in the good ol' US of A, we would hoard as many bags of that flavor into our car on our way home and savor each and every last chip.  They also had the delish Dill Pickle chip before we did.  Another good one that we currently hoard when we go is the All Dressed chip.  Yum-my!  Thank you Canada, for trying out seemingly bizarre things on your chips, even if some (ahem Ketchup chips!) will never make sense to me!

PPS: Harley...thanks for sitting across the table from me and sending me silly things that make me laugh when I'm being "very serious" over here.  I love you too.

No comments: