Monday, October 25

six weeks is NOT a long time...

I submitted my last assignment for my photography class tonight.  I'm a little sad about it.  I thought it'd be fun to share the assignments I turned in over six weeks.  I really like that all together, I can see how much I learned!

Assignment 1: Fast vs. Slow shutter speed using Shutter Priority mode:
Harland may want to kill me for posting this shark attack photo, but it's what I used for class!  Now might be a good time to remind you how great and supportive you're being of this little adventure!  I love you Harley!

Fast Shutter Speed (I actually really love this photo, but Harland won't let me print it)

 Slow Shutter Speed (We had to show motion, while keeping some part of the photo sharp):

Assignment 2: Closed vs. Open Aperture using Aperture Priority mode.
I couldn't ask the girls to sit still for as LONG as it took me to understand this on a deep level, so they posed their toys for me instead.  Please don't ask me how long I was at this, or how many pictures I took of these three (The answer is a long time, and a lot):

Closed Aperture (more in focus)

Open Aperture (Less in focus)

Assignment 3: Full Manual...No cheating modes this week (or again!)...Eek!

Unfortunatly it rained all week, so I had to work with mid-day soccer sun.  I love that Grace adds flair to this one.

Assignment 4: Focus off center using manual focal points:

Cheddar giving me the "You're seriously disturbing my nap with all that click-clicking" eye.

Assignment 5: Take an indoor photo using the available light.

I've posted this one already...

Assignment 6: Use one or more composition rules:

I tried to use framing (the big cowgirl hat Jesse's in), filling the frame, and the rule of thirds, in case you were wondering.
Random fun fact about this photo: Grace asked me to take a picture of Jesse so we could make posters if she went missing again.  So if she does, you'll see this plastered around town...


*snif snif...sigh....*

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Awesome pictures! I like the idea of posing the toys. There's no way my kids would hold still either!