One very loved and very missed Jesse doll. She'd been missing since July and thought to be left at the pool. The house was searched, pool management inquired of, longing looks given in the direction of her sister, cousins and friends who have one to play with.
Then a new Strawberry Shortcake show came on TV today. Abby started searching for her little Strawberry Shortcake, which prompted our hero, aka Daddy, to remember he had seen her recently. A search began. Did he find Strawberry? No (we found her a few minutes later), but crumpled in the bottom of their backpack that we bring to church, under books, and crayons, was a sad, lonely Jesse doll.
Grace pulled her string and the first thing she came out with was, "It's you! It's you! It's you!"
I wish I had my camera in my hand the moment they were reunited. That was a moment of absolute elation. So sweet.
A few minutes later:
Then a new Strawberry Shortcake show came on TV today. Abby started searching for her little Strawberry Shortcake, which prompted our hero, aka Daddy, to remember he had seen her recently. A search began. Did he find Strawberry? No (we found her a few minutes later), but crumpled in the bottom of their backpack that we bring to church, under books, and crayons, was a sad, lonely Jesse doll.
Grace pulled her string and the first thing she came out with was, "It's you! It's you! It's you!"
I wish I had my camera in my hand the moment they were reunited. That was a moment of absolute elation. So sweet.
A few minutes later:
And then the hero received some much deserved sugar from Grace and Jesse:


6 comments:
I just have to say looking through your photos that your girls are just gorgeous!
You have a beautiful blog and your girls are gorgeous!!
BTW did you make your header? Very cute! I have been shopping/looking around header sites.
Have a wonderful day!
About as precious as it gets!
oh, that's too cute! nothing like a long lost friend...
glad you have a complete family again. :)
Cute! And Jesse said the perfect thing.
Thanks guys! It was adorable, and I'll admit I may have almost, ALMOST shed a tear over it. I'm such a sap now.
Carolyn...Yes, I made my own header (me love photoshop). There's a bunch of fun free blogware sites out there. Let me know if you want me to point you in that direction!
Post a Comment