Today Grace had her weekly speech and occupational therapy. Her OT, Mary-Pat tells me that she was talking to Grace about switching to an afternoon appointment when school starts. Grace said (In a very serious, sweet way), "Mary-Pat, I'm starting Kindergarten soon. I don't think I'll have time for you anymore." Then she pauses for a second (meanwhile Mary-Pat is trying to keep her composure, since Grace was pretty serious), then she says, "I think this will have to be my last week."
I love that girl. Poor kid. She really likes OT, but not speech. She really wants to be done with it all though. She's so close! She just needs to hang in there a bit longer to really solidify all these new skills she has and hopefully transition them into the classroom. Once we get an thumbs up from her teacher that she's confident in the classroom, it's "Asta la pasta, therapy!"
I can't wait. I think we'll have to celebrate at Chuck E. Cheese, don't you?
4 comments:
That's awesome! Kids are so funny!
Sweet...although I would pass on the Chuck E. Cheese thing. Little El got sick there and now hates chuck E.- think he is some kind of sick mouse that tricks kids into getting them sick. Gives new meaning to "Chuck".
So how much of this is actual therapy needed rather than a girl with a jorsee accent?
Way to go Gracie!!! Love those commens comming out of the mouth of babes. Hope all goes well in the classroom.
Dutch Mom
Haha. She's such a character! Hope kindergarten goes ok! :)
Post a Comment