Wednesday, August 25

...and we're back.

Summer certainly flies by.  The Pond's are officially back in town and other than spending every possible moment at the pool before it closes on Labor Day, we are getting ourselves back into a routine.  And taking care of all those things that I didn't have time to get to while gearing up for something else all summer.  My house is about half way back to normal finally.

Our normal routine only lasted a few days and now we're gearing up, and getting into a totally new one.  The girls will start Kindergarten 5 half days a week after Labor Day and we're slowly easing them into the routine we'll have going for school. We're picking up school supplies and shopping for new clothes, and are hoping to get a class list in the next couple days so we can make sure there are some familiar faces by the time school starts.

I ask the girls what Mommy is going to do when they go to school.  They shrug.  I say, "Should I have a party?"  They say, "No!  You have to do your work!  You are NOT allowed to have a party while we are at school!"  I say, "What's my work?"  They say, "You know.  Your work.  Like, on the computer, and cleaning the house."  Joy.  I am so looking forward to that.  I might have to squeeze just a little party in, right?

I'll be back with July in photos.  Things to look forward to:
{Honey, I sunk the boat}
{4th of July in Canada, and technically in the US of A too}
{Sesame Place}
{We now know exactly what a "downburst" is. aka, the cottage gods are telling us it's time to sell...HA!}
{It might be a swingset!}

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I want to be in on the party... since I was thinking that my job lasted a bit too long today. I admit, it was because I was uncharacteristically ambitious...but we have lots of food to eat now.