Wednesday, October 28

slightly larger than a smart car, much smaller than a compact...

We tease Belinda (Harland's sister) about her teenie-weenie green Hyundai Accent all the time.  Belive me, you would too! We have all kinds of snarky comments about it, (We love you Belle!) and she puts up with it with some amount of grace.

A recent favorite of mine that still cracks me up is Harland and Belinda were parked pretty close.  There was the possibility that if Harland opened a car door it might hit her car.  Belinda expressed her concern about it (joking around) and Harland says: "If I dinged your door and some of my paint came off onto your car, it would increase the value of your car."

Love that one.

And our well trained children have picked up on it too.  Last week Belinda pulled in the driveway and her breaks squeaked.  Harland said, "The clown car is here!" and Grace came running from her room yelling, "Hooray!  Auntie Belle is here!"  She didn't see her car before she said it, and she didn't know Belinda was coming over.  Love it!

Hopefully I'll remember some more of these fun moments in the future to share.  Thanks for putting up with us Belle.

p.s.  I'm mid post about the girls' Birthday party, I promise!  I'll post some pictures soon, but right now, the girls are relaxing and my pillow is calling my name for a little afternoon snooze.

8 comments:

Adi said...

Classic. I wish I could remember some of them. I am alarmed that Harland seems to be chalk-full of these comments! :)

Don't worry we love you Belle!

HRP said...

Worried! What are brothers for? I mean, you realize that a family of mice once lived and died in the AIR VENTS of your car. Nothing like a daily dose of mouse.
Seriously, I think I am fairly witty...sharp like a tack and the tact of a sledge hammer.
And we want to see some birthday photos!

Adi said...

HRP: That little smell of mouse helps to comprise the love that you call "adi mouse!"

liso. said...

suck.

somehow i saved your blog address as one of your individual posts. so everytime i check your blog, i came to the same post... and just NOW realized that i've missing out on your blogging.

aarrgh.

Flying Cloud said...

I do hope that Belle is not worried that we all have a good laugh at the expense of her car. At least it is paid for and still running. Someday her Mini will come. As for the mouse....been there, done that. But we all love our Adi mouse. HRP...tact as a sledge hammer, yup, got it.
kp

Sandra said...

So, I guess your camera that took over your life, has given you your life back since you don't post anymore.

My blogger idol, where are you?

I guess the girls are like 18 now right? Oh, yeah, haven't seen any pics lately so, I'm only speculating...........

Critchlow said...

Does no one blog anymore in this family?!

my rebel took over said...

I'm sorry, how long did you go between posts, Critch!?