Mr. Squiggles Pipsqueak
We've had our Zhu Zhu pets, Mr. Squiggles and Pipsqueak for exactly 5 days, and guess what? One broke. I was really bummed about this. I thought the supplied batteries were dying, so I changed them this morning only to discover that the plastic on the side was putting pressure on the wheel, causing it not to turn very well. After I changed the batteries and put it back together, the wheels would barely turn at all!
So, I called their 800 number this afternoon, which is useless. Do NOT bother calling it. It just gives you a recorded message telling you to see their useless FAQs on the website. I expected to have lousy customer service for my problem, considering the trouble I was having just contacting customer service. Actually, I was thinking, "Oh man. I'm going to have to replace this already." So, I sent an email to customer service, fully expecting to never hear from them.
Fast forward less than an hour and I get a phone call from...tada!...Customer Service. I spoke to an extremely pleasant and helpful gentleman at Cepia, who asked me a few questions, and actually diagnosed Pipsqueak's problem by listening to the motor run over the phone. This saved me from having to mail the motor box to them for them to determine the problem. Now, he's sending us a brand new motor box, and I don't even have to return the dud, since he could tell what the problem was (Some part of the gears are stripped).
He said I'm only the third person who's called for this problem, because overall, the toys are very durable, but a fall could possibly be the cause.
Wow! So instead of being without a functioning pet for a couple weeks, hopefully it won't be more than a week.
Thank you for completely blowing my customer service expectations out of the water!
5 comments:
I will have to be informed of what these pets are!
I'll show you on Saturday!
That is great! I can not believe you called CS... I would have ran it back to TRU. Glad to hear another company supports thier products. I love that!
Hey- could we possibly get that email???
Oh no Critch! Please don't tell me Ella's is broken too?? Here's the email in case you haven't found it yet:
support@cepiallc.com
Post a Comment