
Ok, he didn't exactly wake up to the 30 black balloons the girls and I covertly hid in the basement bedroom minutes before he arrived home the night before his birthday, because he is a light sleeper. I'm amazed I was able to get all those noisy things up the stairs and into the living room at 2:30am. Seriously, if I roll over in bed he practically jumps to a sitting position. But the girls were able to keep the surprise from Daddy which made it more fun. I thought for sure they'd tell him. They even managed not to tell him about the Wii game "they" got him, wrapped themselves, and hid in their closet overnight.
All Harland really wanted for his birthday was to finally have my piano moved from my parents house to ours. He's wanted it for years, but I wouldn't let him just call up some buddies to move it. I wanted a professional. He knew that it would happen at some point, since he heard me on the phone with his mother (I am REALLY bad at surprises), who chipped in the moving cost for his gift, but I at least made him think that the movers weren't calling me back again (we had tried to have it moved once before and I gave up after getting no returned calls). So when it showed up around 11 o'clock, he was at least surprised that it was happening right then. I get some brownie points for effort, right?
Thanks to both our parents for making it happen! Between helping with the cost of moving it and getting it tuned, we are loving it! Actually, I think I've played it more than he has so far. See Mom? Those lessons didn't completely go to waste!
{Oh, and side note to my family, who are the only people who will understand this, so my apologies for leaving anyone out, but guess what Abby told me her favorite song is that I play? Arabesque! (You know the one Jeff and Chris. You know it by heart!) I started laughing so hard when she told me that.}
No comments:
Post a Comment