Sunday, December 14

first kiss...

I was getting really sick of my Halloween decorations. So out with the new and in with the old.

A little story for you:

We're standing in the foyer after church and the girls are playing with some other kids. Harland goes to get the girls in the car while I finish talking to someone (isn't that how it always is?!), and as Grace is running to catch up to Harland, she turns around all of a sudden, runs back to the door and the little boy on the inside of the door opens it, steps out, tilts his head and they kissed! His parents were there too and we all had a moment of, "Wait. Did that?... Did they?..." So today my friends, my four year old daughter had her first kiss. With an older boy I might add (he's five), and she floated around for the rest of the day because of it. It was cute and gave us all a good chuckle. Harland even came up to the door and acted the furious father part, telling the other parents he was going to have a talk with their son. We all laughed. Then we got in the car and Grace was told us that this little boy must really love her. And when we got to my mother's for dinner, the first thing she did was tell Grammy all about it.

I'm a little concerned that when I pick her up from school tomorrow, her teachers are going to tell me that she went around kissing all the boys. She's already very affectionate to begin with.

Oh boy (literally)...

5 comments:

Adi said...

Well I can't say I'm all that surprised, we all knew this was coming given her awkwardly lengthy kisses! The shocking thing is she was ready to go and turned around to kiss him. This must have not been the first time, she knew she forgot to kiss her boy toy goodbye! ;) great stor, I'm guessing she beats us all for the age of a first kiss..except maybe her dad...

Critchlow said...

That is funny! Funny that the boy complied. I want to hear more about the awkward lengthy kisses- what is that about?

As for Harlando playing the angry parent- I would live it up now because she and her boy toys will not necessarily care too much what daddy thinks of their indiscretion.

Good luck. I would expect this more from Abigail rather than Grace's personality- only based on pictures and videos. I unfortunately, can't say I truly know them but boy do I wish I did.

Chocolate Frogs said...

Sweet.

HRP said...

Oh my, oh my.
I remember in the hospital she had a boy in her room - I insisted that was the last time in a loooooonnnnggg time that would happen. As for worries about being dad here - I will be buying giant knives and shotguns so as to help deter would be suiters.
Harland

my rebel took over said...

If I remember correctly, H told me he was 5 for his first little kiss.

Yeah, Grace is slightly, ok, probably a lot overly affectionate. I love that she's affectionate and loves everyone, but sometimes when she kisses us, I end up saying, "ok, we're crossing a line at this point." It will be interesting to see what's she's like later!

I forgot about that boy in her room! I remember you saying that, it was really funny at the time. I believe what you said was "...This will be the last time until you're married that you'll have a boy in your room...when you're 35." I think my reply was something along the lines of, "Dream on..."