This post started as a quick post about Canada and one picture, but since I have a well established history of saying I'm going to post pictures from certain trips and then never doing it, I figured the "Do it now" approach was important. I realize now that I should have made a slide show instead of this huge post...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhh, the joy that is a high speed internet connection. We're back from the cottage and happy to report that it only took the 7 hours that it's supposed to take as opposed to the 11 hours it took to get home in July. It was such an easy trip this time, although we made a few extra bathroom stops for the girls. I used to think that DVD players for the car were the greatest invention for family harmony EVER. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for singing and stuff in the car, but the drive up to the cottage gets really boring after about 1/2 hour of trees, trees and Oh! What's that over there??? More trees. I stand corrected. THE greatest invention for family harmony ever is DVD players WITH HEADPHONES. This has changed my life. LOL...Ok, I'm being a little dramatic, but it was seriously that good.
This was such a laid back trip. It was wonderful! We had cool weather for about a week and a half and then it just got warmer and warmer each day. Dave, Karen, Adi and Belinda came up for an over night and survived only requiring a trip to the ER (back in the States, thank goodness) and five stitches for poor Adi. She said she'll come again, but skip waterskiing next time. I would too if I got stitches where, well, I'll leave that one alone. Anyway, we made lots of yummy food and treats (Aunt Elaine's chocolate chip cookies!), played games more often than not and I finally attempted to waterski again (pretty unsuccesfully, but I got up!)
Here's a smattering...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhh, the joy that is a high speed internet connection. We're back from the cottage and happy to report that it only took the 7 hours that it's supposed to take as opposed to the 11 hours it took to get home in July. It was such an easy trip this time, although we made a few extra bathroom stops for the girls. I used to think that DVD players for the car were the greatest invention for family harmony EVER. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for singing and stuff in the car, but the drive up to the cottage gets really boring after about 1/2 hour of trees, trees and Oh! What's that over there??? More trees. I stand corrected. THE greatest invention for family harmony ever is DVD players WITH HEADPHONES. This has changed my life. LOL...Ok, I'm being a little dramatic, but it was seriously that good.
This was such a laid back trip. It was wonderful! We had cool weather for about a week and a half and then it just got warmer and warmer each day. Dave, Karen, Adi and Belinda came up for an over night and survived only requiring a trip to the ER (back in the States, thank goodness) and five stitches for poor Adi. She said she'll come again, but skip waterskiing next time. I would too if I got stitches where, well, I'll leave that one alone. Anyway, we made lots of yummy food and treats (Aunt Elaine's chocolate chip cookies!), played games more often than not and I finally attempted to waterski again (pretty unsuccesfully, but I got up!)
Here's a smattering...
We only had one duck family visit this year. Last year they came almost every day. The girls were bummed about that...
Apparantly Grace is going for fly fishing...
We played ALOT of games. Candyland is always a favorite...
Grace takes a flying leap off the dock to PopPop...
I love this picture of Harland...
Harland took the girls out on their first sail. They loved it for about three minutes...
I'm never in any of our pictures, but I do exist. Just an example of what happens when Abby steals my camera...
They were loving swimming in the deeper water. Actually, Abby prefers it. Who knew?-----------------------------------------------
This guy and I had our 7th anniversary last week. We saw my favorite, Les Mis at the 1,000 Island's Playhouse and had dinner with some fun live music. I was really impressed with this small playhouse's production. The lead was amazing! I've seen Les Mis four times I believe, but this was Harland's first time (He read the book). At least now he'll know what the heck I'm walking around singing all the time! It was such a great day. Thanks to our captive babysitters for watching the girls.
Love you Harley...
7 comments:
I was hoping you would post right away. Gee, I remember when you were my blog idol. You've had a high speed internet connection for some time at home, right?.............Looks like fun. Not sure about the mushrooms picture.
Where did you take that beach picture?
what a fun vacation! I wish I could have gone too!
I had such a great time!
Thanks for spending it with me. 8 years at the cottage so far. Maybe we'll hit 45 years some day like your dad.
Can't wait til we take our trip with the Sea-Doos!
Love you
Oh fun. Good memories up there. The pictures are so cute!
What gives?! You haven't posted in what seems a lifetime and I make a comment to your post and you delete it?! Well, I've got news for you...@!$*&#@()
That should do it.
Hahah Critch!
Very exciting trip! :)
LOL...What Critch? I didn't understand you behind those nifty symbols you've got there...I didn't delete any comments. I promise. So repost it!
Sandra...There's a beach a five minute boat ride from the cottage. Everyone anchors their boats and wade in.
Post a Comment