Sunday, July 29

Geocaching

Last summer while in Canada, Harland picked up a new hobby called geocaching. When he first told me about it, my reaction was something along the lines of, "Huh"? Since then I've come to admit that it is actually fun. Even more so since we discovered that the girls enjoy going on "adventures" with us. We took them for the first time on Saturday. They loved traipsing around the woods while Harland and I searched for the little box. Of course their favorite part is seeing what's inside the "treasure".
My favorite part, beside getting us outdoors, is that sometimes it takes you to interesting places. We found two this time. One took us outside an old freed slave cemetary and the other to where the first American flag was flown (approx. 1 mile from our house).


I'm really looking forward to more adventures with the girls!


No comments: