Monday, November 3

sick...again, and halloween...and, I'm done!

Ugh! Grace. Grace. Grace. She's had strep twice in her little life and both times she had Scarlet Fever. Poor kid. She's doing much better today, but that meant no school for her. (She's officially not contagious anymore, in case any one's worried.) Hopefully she didn't pass her ick onto anyone before we quarantined her. On the flip side, I took Abby to school today, and wasn't too sure she would actually willingly go without Grace, but she did! She told me later she was a little sad and missed Grace, but it seems to me she survived. That's a big step for her. I'm not as worried about separating them when they start Kindergarten anymore.

On to Halloween...

The girls had a little Halloween parade and show at school. The past two years they picked different costumes, but this year all their costume choices (first Liana and Alexa from the new Barbie movie, then witches, then ballerinas) were the same. They took one look at a red cowgirl had and that was that. They finally decided on Jesse, from Toy Story. Grace informed me that she needed a belt in order to be Jesse, so a belt we had! Actually, the told me everything down to a ribbon in their hair.

I just looked at the video I took at school. There is not an image stablizer in the world that could help what I recorded! I really need to bring the read video camera to these things. Next time...

Here's the girls making their exit after the show:




Later we went trick or treating with our friends...



We should have just let them play in the leaves. That was the girls' favorite part of the day anyway.


Oh, and the "I'm done!" part. Nikki and I have been making cards (mainly Christmas) to sell at a fund raiser for the girls' preschool this month. I finally finished my samples! I had a LOT of agrivation getting them printed, but it is done! I'll post some on the sidebar when I have a chance. Hopefully they'll look alright when I get them in hand. Now I can get back to the graphic design class I'm taking (I'm almost 2 weeks behind from working on the cards!).

5 comments:

Amy said...

Your girls are so cute!

Cindy said...

Cute little cowgirls! Sorry for the sickness. There was a LOT going around here on Halloween. No fun!!!

Jenny and Brett said...

Amy,
It was good to hear from you. Your girls have grown up so much! Sorry to that Grace was sickie. Jarom had pneumonia on his birthday. I guess that is what happens when it's cold out. I'll have to put your link on our site. Jenny

Adi said...

While I agree the girls are so cute..but Amy if you are going to say your own kids are cute...wouldn't you at least want to use anonymous? I mean really? haha

Fun stuff.

my rebel took over said...

Hardy, har har Adi! That would be the "other Amy" that made that comment just for anyone who wasn't sure.