Wednesday, January 12

it might be a snow post again...

I know what you're thinking...Enough of the snow already!  But in case you weren't sure, it is in fact, still winter.  And if it's going to be this cold, then it had better be snowing!  The girls had their very first snow day today (ok, they did have a few in preschool).  I think cancelling school last night, while allowing me to turn off my alarm, was a bit premature, especially since we could have had a two hour delay and gotten along just fine, but I'm not really complaining about a lazy snow day either!  We slept in, lazed around this morning (I even exercised!  I know.  Very shocking), dug out, lazed around this afternoon and then hit the local sledding sweet spot.  We came home popsicle versions of ourselves, which we thawed out with cocoa, pjs and dinner in front of the Tale of Desperaux.

Can't complain about this day!

Sledding is an art, and Grace is a master:




I had to jump out of the way right after snapping this one, otherwise I was going to turn into a giant snowball:


And just so you can have a good chuckle over my coat again, here's me sledding:

3 comments:

Emilie said...

I truly adore days like that. And the pictures, as always, are priceless.

Sandra said...

You must get a blow up sled they are the best!

my rebel took over said...

I haven't tried a blow up sled. We had to throw the saucer sleds away after this day. They both have cracks in them that I think contributed to Grace's flipping over and over. So tell me why blow up ones are great!